1/3 cup peanut butter*
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup oats
1 mashed banana (1/2 cup)
5 ripe strawberries finely diced
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and knead until a dough ball forms. If it's too sticky, add a little more flour.
- Roll it out on a lightly floured surface and cut into shapes with cookie cutters or treat molds.
- Place the cutouts or the mold sheets on a baking pan and bake for about 20-25 minutes.
- Remove them from the oven and let them cool completed before handling.
*All-natural peanut butter without added salt or sugar is best. Do not use lite or sugar-free peanut butter, as those may have artificial sweeteners (such as xylitol) which is toxic to dogs.
Storage: These can be stored in an airtight container for 3-4 days, and can also be frozen until ready to use, at which point you may remove them and let them thaw at room temperature.
Receipe from: The Cosy Cook